Ij.start.canon/setup is the easiest way to setup Canon printer to your system. Steps to connect wired or wireless printer on windows as mac devices are discussed below in this article. Before that it is important to stay aware with the printer model number in order to install latest canon ij setup printer drivers. A device and internet connection are basic requirements for making connectivity Canon ij printer setup with computer system or phone.
Basic requirements of ij.start.canon/setup
Ij.start.canon/setup on Windows- Wireless
Visit ‘Canon.com/ijsetup’ to download and install Canon printers drivers.
Now, switch on your Canon printer and make sure that whether it’s plugged in the socket properly or not.
Open the downloaded file of driver setup and click on Next. Keep on clicking on Next until you get directed to the option of “Wireless Setup”.
Now after selecting the wireless option, go to your Canon printer screen and tap on WiFi setup button.
Select the device settings LAN Settings Wireless LAN Setup and hit OK button.
Now your printer will search for access point.
Also, make sure that your WiFi router is turned on. Now, WiFi flash lamp will blink on the printer.
From the network list that will appear on the printer screen, select your Wi-Fi network and hit OK button.
Now it will ask for your WPA/WEP key (Wi-Fi password). Enter your correct password and press ‘OK’ button
In a few seconds your printer will connect to Wi-Fi network.
By just following the above given steps, one can easily complete Ij.start.canon/setup for your Windows system.
How to check whether the printer is added or not?
Follow the given steps to check whether the printer is added on your system or not-
Ij.start.canon/setup on MAC
Firstly, download and setup driver through ij.start.canon/setup.
Steps for putting up Canon Printer on same Wi-Fi network as ypur device is same as mentioned earlier for Windows. Follow the same steps.
Next, open the ‘Apple’ menu ‘System Preferences’.
Now click on the printer shaped icon named as “Printers and scanners” from the System preferences window.
Click on the “+” sign present near the bottom left corner of the screen. A pop up will appear on the screen.
If the printer has already been connected to the system then printer name will be displayed on the left-hand pane. Click on it to begin the setup process.
Once the process is completed, your printer will be displayed with a Green check mark. Configure the Canon printer and start printing.
• Go to the system browser and open canon website via ij.start.canon/setup
• Now, in the next screen click on ‘Setup’ option.
• Thereafter, enter your Canon printer’s model number and press ‘Go’ button.
• Next, choose your Windows operating system and click on the ‘Download’ button.
• After that, “.exe” file will start downloading in your computer system.
• Once the driver file get downloaded, open it.
• Open “User account control” and a pop-up will appear on the system screen.
• Now, click on the ‘Yes’ button.
• At last, “Start Setup” window will appear on the screen.
By following the given steps one can easily download & install the correct Canon printer’s driver in your Windows.
• Firstly, in your browser open “ij.start.canon/setup” to open Canon driver download page.
• Click on ‘Setup’ option.
• Now enter your Canon Printer’s model number and in the search box.
• After this, Click “Go” button “Start” icon to begin the installation process.
• Till then, complete the on screen process until the printer is prepared.
• Now in your Mac, “.dmg” file must have been downloaded.
• After that, open the driver file and enter your Mac user id and password if prompted.
• At the End, “Start setup” screen will appear on your Mac device.
After downloading the Canon printer driver on your Windows or Mac PC, you can move on to the installation process.